4.24.2014

Revlon Parfumerie Nail Enamel Review


Hi, its Joyce here again! So a month ago, I went to this local beauty store called Sasa, and came across this product. I had heard about this before getting it, from YouTube and such, but I never get the chance to see it in real life. In the store I went to, there were only about 8 colour swatches which there should be 16 colours available in Hong Kong and 24 in total around the world. For the first time, I got the colour/flavor “apricot nectar”, it is in this really pretty coral colour.

I was so impressed by the formula; it was really smooth, neither too thick nor streaky, and the incredible scent that smells just like what it’s called. They are 7USD each at Sasa, but I think they are only $5USD in the US, which probably because it is not a local product.The Revlon Parfumerie Nail Enamel is break down into three categories,  Sweets and Spices, Freshes, Fruits and Florals.

L: Apricot Nectar R: Pink Pineapple



First off, the bottle just reminds me of cute little perfume bottles that I saw on old TV shows. At first, I thought the round cap/knob would make it harder to apply but instead these are really easy to work with, maybe because of the formula as well. I simply just have nothing to say about it, the formula is great, it’s really smooth, not streaky at all, and comes perfect in just two to three thin coats (I mean really thin coats).
"Apricot Nectar" in 2 coats 

I absolutely just LOVE these nail polishes and currently my favourite nail polish of all, I think Revlon did an AMAZING job on matching up the colours with the scent and of course with the name of the “flavor”. The scent starts just 10-20 seconds after applying not too overwhelming, and what I love about it that the scent kinda cover ups the stinky nail polish odor which is GREAT, cause no one would know and that odor really bothers me (I could keep sneezing, and I just don’t like it).

The drying time of this nail polish was pretty fast, just like usual nail polishes but I feel like it dries faster, maybe because it’s not really thick…idk:P Revlon actually claims that these nail enamel have a “fragrance revealed when dry” and have “vibrant, shiny shades”, I would totally AGREE with this, it dries really shiny and top coat is not necessary for this nail polish.

Apricot Nectar

Apricot Nectar:

  • It has a really cute and sweet scent of apricot which is amazing, sometimes it might smell a little bit weird when mixed up with other scents, but I would recommend to use it alone without any other polishes as it would cover up the scent of the polish
  • It is in this really cute coral-orange-ish colour, the colour of the polish dries just like what is seen in the bottle, but a little darker as all paints or pigments would dry darker.
Pink Pineapple

Pink Pineapple:
  • If you are a fan of cotton candy, you would love how this smells. It smells JUST like cotton candy with a hint of pineapple, I love it sooooo much that I keep smelling my nails (eww). 
  • The colour dries EXACTLY like how it is in the bottle, neither lighter nor darker, I would totally recommend it to you all. My current favourite nail polish colour among with apricot nectar, both from the Revlon Parfumerie series. 


I only got two colours from the collection as there aren't any other colours that really appeals to me, but I’m planning to get more as they are my favourite. I wish they would have a larger range of colours so that I could possibly work with better.


No comments:

Post a Comment